The full history of this document (as well as this whole site) is available on Github.
How do we offer a free VPN? How do we make money?
- With most free VPNs, your data is the product. (“If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu”)
- Servers cost money (especially ones that use a lot of bandwidth like VPNs). Most providers are forced to charge money to recover the cost of hosting the VPN.
- We have a free plan because we make enough money from paid users to cover the expenses incurred by non-paying users. We limit the capabilities of non-paid plans to ensure that this balance is maintained. Our excellent webhost DigitalOcean (affiliate link) allows this to be profitable by charging very reasonable prices for bandwidth. Because of this model, we do not need to sell data, and we can give you confidence with our no-logging policy that you can read about below.
What we promise you
Log means to write data to disk or any permanent location, including sending across a network. This does not include data stored in memory (RAM) or system swap. Some data may be stored temporarily in memory (ie. RAM or swap) as a required consequence of how our servers (and all servers) work, but it is not stored permanently and expires (ie. is no longer in memory or swap) in an hour or less.
- We will not log your private data (as long as you follow the terms of this agreement), such as:
- The websites you visit and what you do there
- The IP addresses that you connect from and how long you do
- Your data usage in time increments less than 30s
- Your data usage (in total bytes transferred) as you use it is stored in-memory on our servers and is collected and added to your stored data usage in our database every 30 seconds. We do not store any past history of data usage and your data usage is reset every month.
- We will never give any information you give to us to anyone unless legally required to do.
- We will not sell your data.
- We will not trade your data.
- We will not donate your data.
- We will not log anything unless it is absolutely needed for the availability or security of our services.
- We will do our best to keep our services up & running, but we cannot guarantee uptime, availability or a lack of bugs in our services or software.
- We will limit your data bandwidth (ie. how fast your connection can go) and your data usage (ie. how much data you can use per month) to keep it fair for everyone else in accordance to your account’s pricing tier. Servers aren’t free and bandwidth isn’t either. If you want faster speeds or a higher data cap, purchase a higher tier or contact us.
- We do not discriminate against or modify traffic that is not in violation of our agreement.
- We do not throttle / slow down sites nonuniformly.
- We do not block sites (except ad and tracking ones, at your request).
- We do not inject ads or trackers, or view or modify requests, metadata or cookies, or anything like it.
- You can cancel your subscription anytime you want.
- We do not promise refunds for plans cancelled any time, although we might offer them at our discretion. If you would like a refund, contact us
- You are bound by the terms of our payment processors’ agreements, if applicable. We currently use Stripe, although this could change in the future.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club cards, as well as cards based on these.
- We might change the prices or features of our plans, or even remove existing plans or add new ones.
- Existing customers will be “grandfathered in” – keeping existing plan prices and gaining new features whenever possible.
- If we decide this isn’t possible, users of old plans will get the option to switch to the plan we decide is closest (and pay old prices!)
What you promise us
You will not abuse our services:
- No DoS / DDoS of our services or using our services to DoS / DDoS other sites
- No fraudulent / scam activity
- Only pay with payment that you are authorized to use
- No illegal / hacking activity
- No rebranding, reselling, renting, leasing, loaning or bartering our services without our permission
- No breaking copyright laws (“piracy”)
You will not abuse our software:
“software” refers to any clients / websites / apps / programs we distribute to you
- No rebranding, reselling, renting, leasing, loaning or bartering our software without our permission
- You may locally modify our clients, including adding or removing features and bugs, but you may not redistribute your modified versions or methods of generating modified versions or other modifications in any way except to us.
You assume full legal responsibility for all traffic originating from your account, including ensuring you follow all applicable laws and agreements with any applicable parties to the fullest extent of the law.
If you break your promises
- We may choose to perform no action, warn you, terminate your account, increase the usage counted towards your data cap or perform any other account action.
- We won’t always inform you when you have broken their terms of the agreement or when we have taken action.
Limitations and exceptions to our promises
- We reserve the right to terminate your account at any time. (Any subscriptions will be subsequently cancelled.)
- We will comply with any requests from law enforcement and any valid DMCA requests.
- This may prevent us from following what we promise in the sections above.
- We reserve the right to grant exceptions to you of your promises to us.
- We might log connection IP addresses and rudimentary traffic data if we believe a DDoS or DoS is taking place. This is necessary to ensure the availability of our services and will not occur under normal circumstances.